Engine Test Setup 1 Cylinder, 4 Stroke, Diesel
The setup consists of single cylinder, four stroke, Diesel engine connected to eddy current / Hydraulic type dynamometer for loading. It is provided with necessary instruments for combustion pressure and crank-angle measurements. These signals are interfaced to computer through engine indicator for PQ - PV diagrams.
Provision is also made for interfacing airflow, fuel flow, temperatures and load measurement. The set up has stand-alone panel box consisting of air box, fuel tank, manometer, fuel measuring unit, transmitters for air and fuel flow measurements, process indicator and engine indicator. Rotameters are provided for cooling water and calorimeter water flow measurement.
The setup enables study of engine performance for brake power, indicated power, frictional power, BMEP, IMEP, brake thermal efficiency, indicated thermal efficiency, Mechanical efficiency, volumetric efficiency, specific fuel consumption, A/F ratio and heat balance. Labview based Engine Performance Analysis software package "EnginesoftLV" is provided for on line performance evaluation. A computerized Diesel injection pressure measurement is optionally provided.
- Online measurements and performance analysis
- PQ-PV plots, performance plots and tabulated results
- Data logging, editing, printing and export
- Configurable graphs
- IP, IMEP, FP indication
- Combustion analysis
- Engine: Make Kirloskar, Model TV1, Type 1 cylinder, 4 stroke Diesel, water cooled, power 5.2 kW at 1500 rpm, stroke 110 mm, bore 87.5 mm. 661 cc, CR 17.5
- Product 224:Type eddy current, water cooled
- Product 224H:Type Hydraulic
- Propeller shaft: With universal joints
- Air box: M S fabricated with orifice meter and manometer
- Fuel tank: Capacity 15 lit with glass fuel metering column
- Calorimeter: Type Pipe in pipe
- Piezo sensor: Range 5000 PSI, with low noise cable
- Crank angle sensor: Resolution 1 Deg, Speed 5500 RPM with TDC pulse.
- Data acquisition device: NI USB-6210, 16-bit, 250kS/s.
- Piezo powering unit: Make-Cuadra, Model AX-409.
- Temperature sensor: Type RTD, PT100 and Thermocouple, Type K
- Temperature: Type two wire, Input RTD PT100, Range 0 - 100 DegC,
- transmitter: I/P Thermocouple, Range 0 - 1200 DegC, O/P 4 - 20mA
- Load indicator: Digital, Range 0-50 Kg, Supply 230VAC
- Load sensor: Load cell, type strain gauge, range 0-50 Kg
- Fuel flow transmitter: DP transmitter, Range 0-500 mm WC
- Air flow transmitter: Presure transmitter, Range (-) 250 mm WC
- Software: "EnginesoftLV" Engine performance analysis software
- Rotameter: Engine cooling 40-400 LPH; Calorimeter 25-250 LPH
- Pump: Type Monoblock
- Overall dimensions: W 2000 x D 2500 x H 1500 mm
- Optional: Computerized Diesel injection pressure measurement
Note: Product 224H is with Hydraulic dynamometer.